Platt College’s 药房技术员 Associate’s Degree curriculum at Platt College is designed to prepare students to seek entry-level employment in their chosen field.
This program helps you build the skills you need to start an exciting new career. 药房技术员s work under the supervision of a pharmacist to supply medicines to patients, whether via prescription or over the counter. They are responsible for filling the prescriptions based on the written directions of the doctor and under the guidance of the pharmacist. They may also assist in managing the medical supplies and conducting inventories.
Key 药房技术员 coursework includes:
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN FOUNDATIONS
• Foundations of 药房技术员
• Pharmacy Operations
• Pharmaceutical and Medical Terminology
• Pharmaceutical Dosages and Calculations
• Pharmacy Technology
• Drug Identification and Dispensing Drugs
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN SPECIALTIES
• Pharmacy Law, Ethics and Professionalism
• Patient and Medication Safety
• Sterile and Non-Sterile Compounding
• Procurement and Inventory Management
• Customer Service and Billing
• Vitals and First Aid and CPR
ADDITIONAL PROGRAM INFO:
• The program will provide students with an understanding of the role of 药房技术员s in various pharmacy settings.
• After completing the core courses, students will complete externships in a clinical setting, and retail setting.
Are you interested in becoming a member of a pharmaceutical team who is responsible for filling the prescriptions for patients either in a retail or a clinical pharmacy? Are you considering a career in the management of medical supplies or conducting inventories of pharmaceuticals? The 药房技术员 program at Platt College may be for you!
Serving Southern California for over 30 years
Serving the Greater Los Angeles, Orange County and Inland Empire areas for over 30 years, Platt College offers degree programs to train graduates for careers in the legal, medical, and creative fields.